Sagent Technology SA, a provider of real-time e-Business Intelligence solutions, has released Sagent Solution version 4.2, a complete product set for developing, delivering and maintaining Web-based analytic applications.
The new release integrates Sagent's end-to-end e-Business Intelligence platform with value-added content and domain specific analytic applications to power the most complete custom and packaged analytic applications currently available.Enhancements include XML interfaces to powerful server-side analytics, wizard-driven application management for the rapidly growing ASP market and robust support for Windows 2000.
"Sagent Solution version 4.2 also enables rapid multi-national deployment of analytic applications," says Paul Murphy, sales & marketing director of Sagent SA. "Employees of global enterprises can now access analytic applications in realtime over secure Internet connections, enabling more informed top and bottom line business decisions."
"Due to the increasing globalisation of e-business, our research shows more enterprises require secure, stable Web-savvy analytic solutions with international capabilities," says Doug Laney, META Group VP. "End-to-end analytic solutions like Sagent can both reduce integration impediments while providing rapid analytic lift to enhance existing back-office e-business applications." Key Components of Sagent Solution version 4.2:
- XML-based information delivery via wireless protocols, Active Server Pages and HTML Style Sheets
- Web-based prompting for enhanced self-service information delivery
- Significant performance improvements
- Organise Web-based reports with customisable data-sensitive hyperlinks
- Integration of geographic, business and demographic information from external sources
- Robust support for Windows 2000 and native support for latest major database versions Standard format for application models facilitates rapid multi-national deployment
- Wizard-based application management allows ASPs to rapidly deploy Sagent-powered applications
- Pre-packaged reports for impact analysis and application performance monitoring
- Modular architecture allows adding servers while sharing a single application definition to scale up to thousands of users and terabytes of data
"From development to production to ongoing management, Sagent Solution version 4.2 delivers an open, scalable solution that addresses the complete life cycle for e-business applications." says Murphy.
The Sagent platform features a multi-tiered architecture, enabling balanced application deployment across multiple servers for enterprise-class scalability, performance and reliability over the Web. Sagent Solution version 4.2 delivers a stable and scalable foundation for high performance enterprise applications and offers ASPs the ability to meet customer demand for the most up-to-date product offerings.